5 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:57 AM by Data Kruncher RSS

Blank Text

Jiang _

I just upgraded from Monnarch 6 to 9. I used to be able to open/view the text file created by AS400. But it seems Monnarch 9 has some trouble with txt files. I can't see anything except a blank page. Tried a million times with a million different text files. Most of them failed.

I'm hoping some experts teach me how to fix this. Otherwise, I might have to go back to 6.0.

• Blank Text
          Data Kruncher

Hi Jiang,

You can resolve this by going to the Options, Input menu item, and changing the Report Translation Encoding from ANSI to one of the UTF options. Start with UTF-8, and try the others if necessary.

Kruncher

• Blank Text
            Jiang _

Thank you for the prompt reply. But I tried all 5 options under encoding, nothing works. Still blank page. The only difference is when I choose UNF-16BE, I see a lot of ?????.

What else I can do?

• Blank Text
              Jiang _

Instead of change the encoding from ASCI to others, I put a check mark on "ignore unused print control" then I can see the data!!! However, each row has "a+360H" on left. It makes the whole page looks crazy but at least I can see my data! 

Do you have any idea how to get rid of "a+360H"?

• Blank Text
                Jiang _

Haha! I found out how to fix this! Finally!

Just hide the first 8 characters to get rid of the row headers.

Thank you so much!

• Blank Text
                  Data Kruncher

Um, happy to help!?!?   :rolleyes:     

Either way, glad to hear that your problem has been resolved.