3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:57 AM by Grant Perkins RSS

syntax of an Access macro to export a Monarch table

bomisl2000 _

hi grant

and thank u for your help

i give you mores informations

i uses a version 4.3 of monarch with access xp and 2000 

I think to have written the synthaxe well because when I execute the order from the principal in purchase lines of windows back run principal in purchase it executes itself perfectly and I see the process taking place my problem clearly but when I execute the same process then on access it doesn't walk anymore. 

I tried  to execute step by step this following command lines while first opening: 

1 - monarch from access it march 

"c:Program FilesMonarchprogrammonarch" D:MAFIJOCREPORTS rqs10.txt "D:MAFIJOCMODELS rqs10.mod"

2 - to apply a model à also the file text it march but when 

3 - I indicate the path of export à the format mdb it doesn't walk. 

D:MAFIJOCDATABASE rrqs10.mdb

Indeed he/it opens monarch and the firm very quickly immediately.

[size="1"][ March 22, 2005, 07:39 AM: Message edited by: bomisl2000 ][/size]

• syntax of an Access macro to export a Monarch table
          Grant Perkins

Hi,

Which version and release level of Monarch are you using?

Assuming that you have carefully checked that all the files are where the commands need them to be (rrqs10.txt is in a folder called EXPORT?) and that the model works correctly if you use the report and model loaded manually here are some things to check.

c:Program filesmonarchmodelsjob_costing.mod 

needs "   " if they are not present already.

If you have saved the report and model combination as a PROJECT you can make the command line shorter and simpler by referring to the project rather than the separate report and model files.

Can you provide a little more detail about what you are doing when you "run this command from access" ?

Does the Excel file "rrqst.xls" already exist when you try to export to it?

Originally posted by bomisl2000:

i try this command "c:Program FilesMonarchprogrammonarch  c:EXPORT rqs10.txt  c:Program filesmonarchmodelsjob_costing.mod  /T “c:Program FilesMonarchExport rqst.xls”" from access for exporting table monarch .

i noticed that command line executes correctly but when i go to my folder i don't see nothing.

what does the problem /b[/quote]

bomisl2000 _

Originally posted by bomisl2000:

hi grant

and thank u for your help

i give you mores informations

i uses a version 4.3 of monarch with access xp and 2000 

I think to have written the synthaxe well because when I execute the order from the principal in purchase lines of windows back run principal in purchase it executes itself perfectly and I see the process taking place my problem clearly but when I execute the same process then on access it doesn't walk anymore. 

I tried  to execute step by step this following command lines while first opening: 

1 - monarch from access it march 

"c:Program FilesMonarchprogrammonarch" D:MAFIJOCREPORTS rqs10.txt "D:MAFIJOCMODELS rqs10.mod"

2 - to apply a model à also the file text it march but when 

3 - I indicate the path of export à the format mdb it doesn't walk. 

D:MAFIJOCDATABASE rrqs10.mdb

Indeed he/it opens monarch and the firm very quickly immediately. /b[/quote]

Grant Perkins

In your original post you used the /T qualifier to specify the view of the file to be the TABLE view. Is the /T still in the command lines listed below when you really use them?(It is not shown here but I expect that you still have it in your real command lines).

If /T is missing you may see the process running as you describe. It will finish quickly because it does not know what output is required.

Of course there could be other reasons.

Grant