3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:57 AM by Nigel Winton RSS

" IF" Question

Bradl Vogl

I would like to calculate a field as follows:

If a slected field within "a" column = any field within "b" column then the result is "P".

I have only been able to compare the two fields within the same record.

I am basically trying to find out if an "finished assembly" sales order number still exists in the "bill of materials" item listing. If there are no matches the bill of materials has been posted and the sales order no longer exists. With 2000 line items to check daily I could filter them excluding the posted items.

I'm probably giving too much info.....

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brad Vogl

• " IF" Question
          Nigel Winton

Brad

What you are trying to do looks like a lookup problem. You could try exporting first to a spreadsheet then using the Monarch External Lookup feature to see if the required data is in the appropriate column. You will only need to export the bare minimum of columns in the first run to contain the data you are trying to match.

Nigel

• " IF" Question
            Bradl Vogl

Nigel,

Thanks for the suggestion. It accomplished what I needed although I am not sure why it responded the way it did.

A new column is displayed listing a "0" in fields where the records matched and a "-" where there was not a match.

I cannot find where the apparent default of those two characters reside.

Again, thanks for your assistance.

Brad Vogl

• " IF" Question
              Nigel Winton

Brad

Have a look in Options View, you can change how Null and Zero values display from there.

Nigel