3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:57 AM by Grant Perkins RSS

Template assistance needed

Eric @ SEASH - EVV

I have a report that I am trying to extract the data from in order to get the data into an Access database and I'm having difficulty with one small piece.  On the last page of the report (and only on the last page of the report) it shows the parameters by which the report was ran. For example:

EACH Patient Type = I                 AND 

EACH Date of Charge >= 02/01/05       AND 

EACH Date of Charge <= 02/28/05           

I would like to be able to extract the two dates you see above and append them to each record being extracted so that in my database I have the date range that the report was run for....the details of the report does not give transactional dates, as the report itself is a summary report. I have tried an append template using >= and <= as the traps, but the values that would be extracted come back as null.

Any ideas on how I can accomplish this ? I am running Monarch Pro version 7.02.

And by the way....I LOVE THIS SOFTWARE !!!  It is awesome and has allowed me to save my company many hours of manual labor. I have been a Monarch user for probably close to 20 years.

Thanks for any assistance !!!

• Template assistance needed
          Grant Perkins

Eric,

Appends normally have to exist ABOVE the detailed data records to which they relate. There are some way fo fiddle this a little and make Monarch believe they do start above the detail template (or at least at the same place as the detail template, not after it) but such techniques will not work with the length of a full report (usually)

However, if you define the template as a FOOTER and trap using something like

"Patient Type =" in the trap line, you should be able to pick the fields you want and see them added to each detail line in your extract.

I hope this helps.

Have even more fun ...

Grant

Originally posted by Eric @ SEASH - EVV:

I have a report that I am trying to extract the data from in order to get the data into an Access database and I'm having difficulty with one small piece.  On the last page of the report (and only on the last page of the report) it shows the parameters by which the report was ran. For example:

EACH Patient Type = I                 AND 

EACH Date of Charge >= 02/01/05       AND 

EACH Date of Charge <= 02/28/05           

I would like to be able to extract the two dates you see above and append them to each record being extracted so that in my database I have the date range that the report was run for....the details of the report does not give transactional dates, as the report itself is a summary report. I have tried an append template using >= and <= as the traps, but the values that would be extracted come back as null.

Any ideas on how I can accomplish this ? I am running Monarch Pro version 7.02.

And by the way....I LOVE THIS SOFTWARE !!!  It is awesome and has allowed me to save my company many hours of manual labor. I have been a Monarch user for probably close to 20 years.

Thanks for any assistance !!! [/b][/quote]

Eric @ SEASH - EVV

Grant,

Thanks for the assistance. Your suggestion on the trap for the footer template works like a charm. 

Many thanks, oh Monarch Master !!!

Have a great day !

Eric

Grant Perkins

smile.gif[/img]