8 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:57 AM by jgould81 _ RSS

Command line project export

jgould81 _

I'm having a problem with a Project file I created.

Here is the command line: "c:Progra~1monarchprogrammonarch.exe /prj:"C:Models DirectoryLACountSheets.xprj" /px:Spruce

I have two other Project Exports set up in the Project with the name PT and Cedar (obviously I work at a building material company) all are setup up to overwrite a table in an existing Access Database.

When I open the project manualy and Run the exports they work correctly.  When I run the batch file, the table is overwritten, but no values are entered in the table.

Using the 'pxall' switch causes all 3 table to be written blank.

Where am I going wrong here?

• Command line project export
          Nick Osdale-Popa

In your example, you have mismatched quotes. Could that be the problem?

Try this:

"c:Progra~1monarchprogrammonarch.exe" /prj:"C:Models DirectoryLACountSheets.xprj" /px:Spruce

jgould81 _

Sorry, that was a typo in my post, it should read

c:Progra~1monarchprogrammonarch.exe /prj:"C:Models DirectoryLACountSheets.xprj" /px:Spruce

Bruce _

I use quotes around both parts of the command line. In some cases they are reduntant, but I always include them.

[font="courier"]

"c:Progra~1monarchprogrammonarch.exe" /prj:"C:Models DirectoryLACountSheets.xprj" /px:Spruce

/font[/quote]Does this help at all?

jgould81 _

Thanks for the replies.

First off with the quote, I've tried both ways with the same result.

And for the exports, I double checked and I had the exports setup correctly (the way you described).

The reason I had the exports setup in the batch file to export separately, is because I plan on running different wood types on different days.

But just as a test I ran it with the "pxall" switch and it wrote 3 blank tables in the database

Any further ideas?

Thanks

jgould81 _

Just to update this a little.

Since I was having problem exporting the projects into Access, I tried running the different project exports into differnt workseets in an excel file.  The same problem occurs.  Again this only happens when running from a command line.  Running manually works fine

jgould81 _

Yes creating separate projects for each lumber type does work correctly.

Thanks

jgould81 _

I've poured over and over it, comparing the original project file to the new ones I created for each individual Lumber type.  Each step is configured the same, just the original project file has 4 exports instead of one.  Other than that there is no difference in how the project exports are configured, it just doesn;t make sense to me.

jgould81 _

I'm sorry, I should have said 3 exports (must have been confused with the current unrelated project I am working on which contains 4 exports)

I can email you the files, so you just require the project and model files?