1 Reply Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:57 AM by Grant Perkins RSS

Monarch Pro V6 Runtime Error

Sandy McQuay

I created a batch file that runs a bunch of Monarch projects, then scheduled a task in the Windows 2000 Server Task Scheduler to start the batch file.  It ran successfully several months, then about a month ago, it began to generate the following:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library:

Runtime Error!

Program:  C:Progra~1MonarchprogramMonarch.exe

abnormal program termination

I can run the job from command line, but I cannot get it to run from the task scheduler.  I even moved it to another server.  It ran for a couple of days then began exhibiting the same behavior.

Any ideas?

• Monarch Pro V6 Runtime Error
          Grant Perkins

Originally posted by Sandy McQuay:

I created a batch file that runs a bunch of Monarch projects, then scheduled a task in the Windows 2000 Server Task Scheduler to start the batch file.  It ran successfully several months, then about a month ago, it began to generate the following:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library:

Runtime Error!

Program:  C:Progra~1MonarchprogramMonarch.exe

abnormal program termination

I can run the job from command line, but I cannot get it to run from the task scheduler.  I even moved it to another server.  It ran for a couple of days then began exhibiting the same behavior.

Any ideas? /b[/quote]Could it be a permissions thing - trying to overwrite a file that the batch process does not have permission to overwrite for example? Running manually may mean the user account has the required permissions.

Alternatively could there be a data problem. Perhaps a data dependant part of the process where the data available is no longer consistent and so will fail some days and not others?

Or maybe the process is taking longer than it used to (long shot here) and is now in conflict with other system process and so does not always complete before a process with a higher priority shuts it down (in effect). This might be worth looking at it the process runs at night.

Probably none of these are relevant but I hope they may prompt some ideas for you.

Grant