3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:57 AM by Bruce _ RSS

Filter Negative Values.

Bill Tilghman

I hae searched through the help and find nothing. the issue is that a simple filter like:

Clearing>=4.00 .And. Clearing<=10.00 Works great, but now I have negative numbers and ca't seem to get a method of discarding them.

Thanks   

• Filter Negative Values.
          Grant Perkins

Bill,

This should be possible by comparing with zero but the logic can seem tricky at times especially if combined with other selection criteria.

Do you have version 8?

If so build individual filters that work and then combine tham to a compound filter.

Is there anything strange about the way the negative values are presented - not numeric or something like that?

Grant

John D

Originally posted by Bill TIlghman:

I hae searched through the help and find nothing. the issue is that a simple filter like:

Clearing>=4.00 .And. Clearing<=10.00 Works great, but now I have negative numbers and ca't seem to get a method of discarding them.

Thanks         /b[/quote]Try the following and see if that works:

Put parenthesis around your expression and lose the period and extra zero's.

(Clearing>=4 .And. Clearing<=10)

See if that helps.

John

Bruce _

Bill

Some basic things to check.

Is Clearing set as a numeric field correcly, and is the field wide enough in the report window to pick up the negative sign?

Either of these could trip you up without knowing.

Please let us know.

smile.gif[/img]