3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:57 AM by Bruce _ RSS

Duplicating Data in Table Question

jlebs _

help.....

I have a large report that contains inconsistent data between records, but does have consistent "Page Footer" lines and "Page Header" lines.  An example follows:

Center:  0001

73560    100.00

73580    200.00

73590    400.00

Total:   700.00

Center:  0002

73560    200.00

73580    200.00

73590    100.00

73650    300.00

Total:   800.00

In the example above, assuming the next record was center 0003, but it did not contain any data for the "73650" row, the 0003 record is taking the value for the 73650 trap from the record above.  I have "Center" defined as a Header template and "Total" defined as the Detail template, and everything in between "73590", "73650", etc, defined as Appends.

I checked the field properties from the table view and the "Leave empty cells blank" button is checked.

What am I missing?

Jim

• Duplicating Data in Table Question
          Bruce _

jlebs

I would take the rows with 73xxx as the detail and use the center line as the append. Forget about the toal line as you can work that out in the table or summary window.

Post back & let us know if this helps.

jlebs _

Your guidance helped...I think I was trying to make things too complicated, as I had built a dozen templates.  Using your approach it was only three and then while your approach resulted in multiple records for each Cost Center, I was able to sub-total each cost center with a Summary.  Perfect example of a time when I needed to apply the KISS principle:)

Thanks.

Jim

Bruce _

Jim

If you only needed to use the totals & match them to the cost center, you could use the total line as a detail & append the cost center info & not pick up the (work station?) lines.

However this takes away from the fun of using Monarch's summaries were you can have both the details & summary.

:cool: