3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:57 AM by Grant Perkins RSS

Having trouble with Project Exports

Nathaniel _

Alright let's start from the top.

(Using 7.0)

What I want to do is to with one click of a button is to export to a MDB using three different models.

What I tried.

1. I tried using 3 different models in the same Project Export. It did not work, just applied the first one three times.

2. I tried the command line method..

[font="courier"] C:Program FilesMonarchProgram>monarch /prj:"C:Documents and Settings

athani

elMy DocumentsMonarch ModulesProjectsUMPRUMPR.xprj"/px:all /font[/quote]All I get is a blank Monarch screen with that.

3. I tried putting that into a batch file. After I execute it, I can see for a SPLIT SECOND "export failed" and a 0kb file named Monarch is generated in the folder.

I have read the manual and am truly at a loss here.     :confused: 

Here is the XML for one of my Projects.

[font="courier"]- <project version="XMLPRJ01">

- <model>

<location>C:Documents and Settings

athanielMy DocumentsMonarch ModulesUMPR MODULESUMPR.mod</location>

</model>

<author />

<description />

- <inputs>

- <main>

- <report>

athaniel.scrivenMy DocumentsPC3 Docsumpr.txt</location>

</report>

</main>

</inputs>

- <state>

- <view>

<window>table</window>

</view>

</state>

- <exports>

- <export>

- <data_page view="table">

<name>UMPR</name>

<table />

</data_page>

- <file_page>

<files_in_folder>false</files_in_folder>

athanielMy DocumentsDatabasesumpr databaseDatabase Central</location>

<when_exists>add</when_exists>

</file_page>

- <table_page>

<name>umpr</name>

<when_exists>overwrite</when_exists>

</table_page>

</export>

</exports>

</project>  /font[/quote]

• Having trouble with Project Exports
          Bruce _

Nathaniel

Are your models them selves OK? Can you export all 3 of those manually with no problems?

If no check those first. If they are OK, use one to make your export, but select “add this job to project exports”. Select the other options as needed (filter and sorting). Make sure this export works fine.

Were are the other 2 exports going? Separate files, append to the 1st file, or overwrite the file? This will help you decide how to make the export parameters.

If you selected all filters, you can use one export to run the model with every filter you defined & each would go into a separate file. If each export is to be very different you would have to make a new export for each iteration. Make sure that the 2nd and 3rd passes of the exports do not overwrite the file.

Once you get the hang of this you will not need to use the export menu, you can go & use project exports instead. The only difference is kin the 2nd menu you can add several exports at once.

Hope this helps you & please post back to let us know how you're making out.

Regards,

Nathaniel _

Hey there Bruce! Thanks for the reply!   [img]smile.gif[/img] 

It turns out that I am a bit of a DOS/Command newbie and forgot to ~1 a long filename.   :eek: 

[font="courier"]C:Progra~1MonarchProgramMONARCH.exe /PRJ:"C:Documents and Settings

athanielMy DocumentsMonarch ModulesProjectsUMPRUMPR.prj" /px:UMPR  /font[/quote][img]tongue.gif[/img]

Grant Perkins

Or you could just "quote" that part of the line.  You might even get away with just Monarch (or Monarch.exe) and no preceding path if the registry is complete.

Grant

Originally posted by Nathaniel:

Hey there Bruce! Thanks for the reply!    [img]smile.gif[/img]  

It turns out that I am a bit of a DOS/Command newbie and forgot to ~1 a long filename.    :eek:  

[font="courier"]C:Progra~1MonarchProgramMONARCH.exe /PRJ:"C:Documents and Settings

athanielMy DocumentsMonarch ModulesProjectsUMPRUMPR.prj" /px:UMPR  /font[/quote][img]tongue.gif[/img]  /b[/quote]