4 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:56 AM by subrama6 _ RSS

automation error

subrama6 _

I work in the IT department of my company.  We have Monarch Pro 6.  We've recently gone through the process of OS upgrades on our machines (2000 to XP pro).  There's an Access database that we had custom built.  Part of it's functionality imports reports from an outside vendor.  Ever since the OS upgrade, my users have been getting the following error when attempting this:

Automation Error:  The System Cannot Find The File Specified

This error occurs on the following line of VBA code:

Set MonarchObj = CreateObject("Monarch32")

I'm thinking that it's failing on trying to instantiate a Monarch object.  As it turns out, Monarch Pro was not installed on the machine.  We went ahead and did that, but are getting the same error.  Does anybody know what the system is looking for?

Thanks in advance

• automation error
          Bob Yarnall

Within the Access database, open the Module that has the code for

Set MonarchObj = CreateObject("Monarch32").

Go to Tools, References and look for a reference to Monarch and check it.  This should allow you to run the code.

• automation error
            subrama6 _

First off, thanks for the response Bob, I appreciate the help  smile.gif[/img]

I went and looked at the references, as you suggested, and there doesn't appear to be any that have anything to do with Monarch.  Furthermore, this database is sitting on a network share drive, and functions properly from all the other machines.  I'm  thinking there's a Monarch dll that didn't make it to this other machine that's not working.  Does that sound possible?

Thanks again

• automation error
              Gareth Horton

Hi

I imagine this problem lies with a registry issue.  When COM tries to instantiate the Monarch32 object, it has to look in the registry for the path to the executable responsible.

For Monarch, it will be in this key:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTCLSID{0D73C441-D7B9-101B-A6B5-00AA001B1AB4}LocalServer32

In that entry will be a path to the Monarch executable in 8.3 form, i.e.

C:PROGRA~1MonarchProgramMonarch.exe

I hope this helps.

Gareth

Originally posted by subrama6:

I work in the IT department of my company.  We have Monarch Pro 6.  We've recently gone through the process of OS upgrades on our machines (2000 to XP pro).  There's an Access database that we had custom built.  Part of it's functionality imports reports from an outside vendor.  Ever since the OS upgrade, my users have been getting the following error when attempting this:

Automation Error:  The System Cannot Find The File Specified

This error occurs on the following line of VBA code:

Set MonarchObj = CreateObject("Monarch32")

I'm thinking that it's failing on trying to instantiate a Monarch object.  As it turns out, Monarch Pro was not installed on the machine.  We went ahead and did that, but are getting the same error.  Does anybody know what the system is looking for?

Thanks in advance /b[/quote]

• automation error
                subrama6 _

That was exactly it  smile.gif[/img]   Thanks Gareth