4 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:56 AM by Gareth Horton RSS

"Open Report" window disappears

Ron_b _

I'm experiencing a very odd problem with my Monarch Pro V9 installation.  I've been using Monarch Pro for years without a problem but recently when I attempt to use the "Open Report" function from the "File" menu item, the resulting dialog box quickly flashes on the screen and then is no longer visible.  When I use Alt-Tab I'm able to see that the dialog box is actually open (I have the Microsoft Powertoy Alt-Tab function installed) but it is not displayed anywhere on my screen and I'm not able to get to this window.  Other "Open" dialog boxes of Monarch behave similiarly.  "Open Model" & "Open Project" for example, disappear, but "Open Database" does not.

In discussing this with colleagues the first question is "what has changed" about my Windows installation.  Nothing significant that I'm aware of but obviously something is causing this disappearing dialog box.  When I open Excel and click on the "Open" dialog box it opens fine.

I'm stumped as to how to troubleshoot this.  Anyone have suggestions?

• "Open Report" window disappears
          Grant Perkins

Ron,

Interesting observation.

I also have some similar things happening where screens are 'opening' behind existing open windows instead of in front of them. Sometimes the attempt to open will pull another open screen forwards but not the one I expect!

The difference is that in my case it does not particularly seem to be a Monarch problem - Outlook seems to be the primary problem for me.

I anticipate that a reboot might effect a cure.

I did once see see something similar where the window popped open and then vanished - completely. It turned out that somehow the default size setting in the registry had become set to 1 pixel wide at position zero. Effectively this meant that the window was active but only one pixel wide on the extreme left of the screen. Not easy to spot, but once found easy enough to re-size and reset the default size and position.

The system I have this oddity with is running XP Home, probably with all the SP2 updates in place by now   :eek: 

I'll monitor this more closely on my systems now you have raised the matter. And get around to that re-boot.

Grant

tbloom _

I am experiencing the problem of the hidden open report/model with monarch v9.  I never had problems with this until I started using VBA.  I've reviewed the programmers guide, but found no help.  Is there a solution?  even rebooting doesn't always correct the problem.

ZinZin _

Hi,

I am having the same problem...started suddenly...can no longer open report/database/model.  I have tried re-booting, to no avail.  Also, have uninstalled and re-installed Monarch Pro Ver9, three times...no change.

Did anyone resolve this matter and if so, how? :confused:

Thanks!

Gareth Horton

This may be worth a try ...

Close all running instances of Monarch.

Go into the registry and delete the following registry entry:

For Monarch Pro -

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Datawatch\Monarch Pro\User Interface\FileDialogInfo

For Monarch -

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Datawatch\Monarch\User Interface\FileDialogInfo

When you restart Monarch, it should recreate this entry with a reasonable default.

Gareth

Hi,

I am having the same problem...started suddenly...can no longer open report/database/model.  I have tried re-booting, to no avail.  Also, have uninstalled and re-installed Monarch Pro Ver9, three times...no change.

Did anyone resolve this matter and if so, how? :confused:

Thanks![/QUOTE]