2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:56 AM by Jiang _ RSS

Why the trap bottons doesn't work?

Jiang _

Each time I want to insert a nonblank trap in the templates, it insert a blank space. None of the trap buttons works for me. I have monarch 9. on winXP SP2. Can any one help me? The encoding is always ASCII. Thanks!

• Why the trap bottons doesn't work?
          Grant Perkins

Originally posted by Jiang:

Each time I want to insert a nonblank trap in the templates, it insert a blank space. None of the trap buttons works for me. I have monarch 9. on winXP SP2. Can any one help me? The encoding is always ASCII. Thanks! [/b][/quote]Jiang,

Just to be certain I have understood this correctly;

Do you mean that if you insert a 'non-blank' character on the trap line you actually see a blank (not the character you expect to see); OR

Does the non-blank trap character appear BUT the trap actually works as if it was set to trap BLANK SPACES only? (The opposite of what you expect.)

Whichever way it is it seems strange.

Can we assume that your machine is set to be using the regular ASCii English US character set?

Can we assume that there are no changes applied to the character set used for the trap characters?

(See the Help file for "Settings, MapNonblankTrapTo" if you are not sure what I mean here.)

I cannot be sure that this is realted to your problem but it seems a good place to start if only to eliminate potential problem areas.

HTH.

Grant

• Why the trap bottons doesn't work?
            Jiang _

Thank you for the prompt reply. This is what I really mean:"Do you mean that if you insert a 'non-blank' character on the trap line you actually see a blank (not the character you expect to see)". I used to have this problem with Monarch 6. I then upgraded it and it still there.

As a matter of fact, I guess you did reminded me that my machine might NOT set to be using the regular ASCii English US character set. I need to switch back and forth between English and Chinese all the time. That might be it. I will check and post results back here. Thanks again!