2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:56 AM by Grant Perkins RSS

Monarch 6 - report with 1 or 2 lines

Moses _

I have a report that looks somewhat like this:

1ZR302A82310395188         12-29-04 12-30-04             01-03-05*  09:57   AUSTIN, TX           MOSS               

1ZR302A82310520130         12-29-04 12-30-04   12-29-04  01-03-05*  09:57   AUSTIN, TX           MOSS                                                                               

SHORT DESCRIPTION                    EXPLANATION                                                               

-

-

WT ADJUSTMNT                         ADJUSTMENT TO INCORRECT BILLED WEIGHT, MAY INVOLVE OVERSIZE OR DIM WEIGHT 

As you can see, sometime the record has two extra fields "Short Description" and "Explanation".  These two fields are not on the same line.  I can setup a trap to capture the record with the extra fields, but I'm not sure what to do when the sample above happens.  The first record is one line then the second record is the 2 line record.

• Monarch 6 - report with 1 or 2 lines
          Bruce _

Moses

It's an older post, did you figure this out?

Not sure what version of Monarch you have but try using a footer (trapping on "short", but picking up the 3rd line)for the weight adjustment comment.

If you give us some more details we could help some more.

• Monarch 6 - report with 1 or 2 lines
            Grant Perkins

Moses,

Whoops - missed this one somehow.

Looks like you don't have much to play with here. I think the 'belt and braces' approach would be a 2 stage process.

I am assuming that the normal recod is all on one line and that the additional comments are a multi line insert from whaich you require 2 fields of text that are on a single line. If the layout is mnot like that then I suggest a similar overall approach but the detail of text extraction will change.

Firstly create a model that will look for and extract ONLY the required fields form  extra lines of text in a DETAIL template. Add an append template to pick up the "1ZR3 etc." record reference from the line above the selected text entry. This will be the KEY to link back ini stage 2.

Export the resulting table in a form of your choosing but it must be possible to use it as an EXTERNAL LOOKUP in the next stage.

Stage 2 - Create a model and template to extract the record details but ignore the additional text.

From the table screen for the resulting records create an external lookup (I am assuming you have a suitable PRO version of Monarch) using the output you created in stage 1 and join the records using the "1ZR3 etc." key. (I assume the "1ZR2 etc. key is or can be made unique?).

Select the fields you wish to add to your final output and view the results in the table.

The entire process could be automated with a batch script if doing so makes sense for the level of use.

Let us know if this does not make any sense.

Hoping it helps,

Grant

Originally posted by Moses:

I have a report that looks somewhat like this:

1ZR302A82310395188         12-29-04 12-30-04             01-03-05*  09:57   AUSTIN, TX           MOSS               

1ZR302A82310520130         12-29-04 12-30-04   12-29-04  01-03-05*  09:57   AUSTIN, TX           MOSS                                                                               

SHORT DESCRIPTION                    EXPLANATION                                                               

-

-

WT ADJUSTMNT                         ADJUSTMENT TO INCORRECT BILLED WEIGHT, MAY INVOLVE OVERSIZE OR DIM WEIGHT 

As you can see, sometime the record has two extra fields "Short Description" and "Explanation".  These two fields are not on the same line.  I can setup a trap to capture the record with the extra fields, but I'm not sure what to do when the sample above happens.  The first record is one line then the second record is the 2 line record. /b[/quote]