5 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:56 AM by Olly Bond RSS

Excel 2007 Error Opening Monarch 9 .xls Export

Rita _

When I export a fairly simple table from Monarch 9 in .xls format instead of .xlsx format when I open using Excel 2007 I get the folling message. Excel found unreadable content in 'XXX.xls'. Do you want to recover the contents of this workbook? If you trust the source of this workbook, click Yes. When I do this the worksheet opens with all the columns and seemingly no data missing. BTW, this worked fine in Monarch V8 with Excel 2007 and if I export in .xlsx format it also works fine.

Any ideas or ways to make work?

• Excel 2007 Error Opening Monarch 9 .xls Export
          Dee Moore

Hi Rita,

This is unusual behavior....

Could you please Zip and send me the Report, Model, and Excel files so I can test them?

Thanks,

Dee Moore

Datawatch Tech Support

dee_moore@datawatch.com[/email]

Tom Strachan

I am experiencing similar problems.

Using V9, exporting a simple file to Excel 2003.

After exportin to Excel, I open the .xls file.

I receive an error "Unable to open file" I receive that error message box twice, then a third Window states that the file was recovered.

The Excel file then opens, and displays the "recovered" version of the file.  It looks fine, but it's disconcerting to receive the errors.  I can't pass the exported files to users this way, so I'd be greatful for any help you can provide.

My data file is pretty large but I'd be happy to pass it along if you need other samples.

Thanks

Tom

Tom Strachan

Yes!!!!

Thank you very much.  This was driving me nuts, and now all is well.

Tom

zlatan24 _

When I export a fairly simple table from Monarch 9 in .xls format instead of .xlsx format when I open using Excel 2007 I get the folling message. Excel found unreadable content in 'XXX.xls'. Do you want to recover the contents of this workbook? If you trust the source of this workbook, click Yes. When I do this the worksheet opens with all the columns and seemingly no data missing. BTW, this worked fine in Monarch V8 with Excel 2007 and if I export in .xlsx format it also works fine.

Any ideas or ways to make work?[/QUOTE]

Using url=http://www.recoverytoolbox.com/excel.htmlexcel recovery[/url] is one of the effective methods for restoring excel information. You can see wide features of this tool: high end, clear interface for any experienced user; launching under Windows 98 and higher. The program works under low system requirements.

Olly Bond

Hello moderators,

This isn't the first time that this user has dug up old threads to post links to slightly dodgy-looking websites for "file recovery utilities".

The firewall at work stops me from even opening the target site - would it perhaps be possible to remove the post in case other users stumble across it?

All the best,

Olly