1 Reply Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:56 AM by Grant Perkins RSS

getting started v6.01

Steve Dallas

Hi, I am returning to trying to use Monarch after being away from it for almost 2 years. I have version 6.01 and no documentation. I need some real examples and some "getting started" documentation. I do not have any printed documentation and I am really lost. I can open a text file but don't have a clue from there.

Thanks,

Steve

• getting started v6.01
          Grant Perkins

Originally posted by Steve Dallas:

Hi, I am returning to trying to use Monarch after being away from it for almost 2 years. I have version 6.01 and no documentation. I need some real examples and some "getting started" documentation. I do not have any printed documentation and I am really lost. I can open a text file but don't have a clue from there.

Thanks,

Steve /b[/quote]The embedded Help may be useful. Let's see if a few ideas bring back any memories of your previous use.

On the report page after opening the report file:

Select a line or some lines of DETAIL data using the column on the left of the screen. Go the the TEMPLATES menu and add a detail template by finding something to uniquely identify the line of detail displayed and add the appropriate 'match' in the trap window above the sample section.

Then define the fields you want from the line or lines.

Once you have some fields, switch to the TABLE window and have a look at what you have captured.

When comfortable with that, let us know and one of us will be able to suggest a next step and answer any questions.

Always glad to help a returnee - but you may need to come up with a very good excuse to explain your absence!