3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:56 AM by Grant Perkins RSS

newbie question on 2 line trap

Adam _

Hi, 

I am using Monarch Pro V7.  Please take a look at the 3 records below.  2 of the 3 have the transaction number go to a second line.  How do I create a trap for this situation?

/size[list][*]cus#     pay#     trans#             gldate[/size][/list]

/size[list][*]100     5222     TEST001             11-Dec-04[/size][/list]

/size[list][*]200     3999     INVOICE900     12-Dec-04

2-R[/size][/list]

/size[list][*]95     29999     INVOICE500     13-Dec-04

M200[/size][/list]

The second transaction # is INVOIE9002-R

The third trans # is INVOICE500M200

Thanks in advance,

Adam

• newbie question on 2 line trap
          Grant Perkins

Adam,

Do you always have at least one blank line between records?

If yes then use a 2 line sample for your template. Define the probably field on the second row. It wll be populated with characters or blanks according to what is there.

If there are no blank lines OR a variable number of real lines between records a different approach will be required.

What does the field on the second row relate to? Anything to do with the trans# ?

Grant

Originally posted by Adam:

Hi, 

I am using Monarch Pro V7.  Please take a look at the 3 records below.  2 of the 3 have the transaction number go to a second line.  How do I create a trap for this situation?

/size[list][*]cus#     pay#     trans#             gldate[/size][/list]

/size[list][*]100     5222     TEST001             11-Dec-04[/size][/list]

/size[list][*]200     3999     INVOICE900     12-Dec-04

2-R[/size][/list]

/size[list][*]95     29999     INVOICE500     13-Dec-04

M200[/size][/list]

The second transaction # is INVOIE9002-R

The third trans # is INVOICE500M200

Thanks in advance,

Adam /b[/quote]

Adam _

Thanks for replying.  There is no blank rows between records.  Sometimes the transaction number (a variable number of characters) spans into a second line. 

My example is not lining up correctly.  The second and third records should have 2-R and M200 in the transaction number field.

Adam

Grant Perkins

OK.

On the basis that the extra line should be part of the transaction number field (did I understand that correctly?) make the trans # field a multi line field using the Advanced Field Properties to END the field on "None of the Above". That should work in this case but try the others as well so you can see the different effects.

That should do the job but come back to us if there are any more issue to resolve.

Hope this helps.

Grant

Originally posted by Adam:

Thanks for replying.  There is no blank rows between records.  Sometimes the transaction number (a variable number of characters) spans into a second line. 

My example is not lining up correctly.  The second and third records should have 2-R and M200 in the transaction number field.

Adam /b[/quote]