2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:56 AM by Steve Caiels RSS

Skipping a line if data

diane _

I have a .rtf file that I import into Monarch.

The problem I am having is that Monarch is skipping lines of data when I just view the file. I can look at the same file in wordpad and the data is there.

Could it be my settings? There is nothing different about the specific data it is skipping?

Please help!

Thanks,

Diane

• Skipping a line if data
          Grant Perkins

Diane,

.rtf files are formatted rather than plain ascii text files or ,prn files.

If the formatting is little then thay may look like text files and can be treated as such. But anything special will produce anomalies.

Wordpad and Word can deal with them, the primary reason for their existence being to have common MS document formats for sharing between Windows and Apple Mac machines.

Have a look at the files in Word and see if there is ANYTHING related to formatting used in the file.

You may need to load them into word and export or print (to a disk file) in another format for successful use with Monarch.

It would be interesting to hear what you discover.

Grant

Originally posted by diane:

I have a .rtf file that I import into Monarch.

The problem I am having is that Monarch is skipping lines of data when I just view the file. I can look at the same file in wordpad and the data is there.

Could it be my settings? There is nothing different about the specific data it is skipping?

Please help!

Thanks,

Diane /b[/quote]

• Skipping a line if data
            Steve Caiels

Hi,

You could try the "Ignore unused Print Control Codes" under options->Input. 

As Grant metioned, an rtf file if formatted, so may have strange printer codes in it.

Regards

Steve