3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:56 AM by Dan Kinney RSS

Project Export question

I am using Monarch Pro 7.01.

I have 1 report file and 3 different models.

I want to export the output from each model to the same .XLS file appending the data.

From what I am reading I should be able to do this with Project Export. I can't seem to come up with the proper sequence of events to create a Project Export to accomplish this.

Can anyone tell me the correct sequence I need to record the Project Export to accomplish this? 

I then will create a BAT file to automate the process and am assuming that I will need to use the /pxall command parameter.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Project Export question
          Bruce _

Dan

First go in the file, project exports, then new. Create the 1st export to the file & make sure the "When export file exists" box is checked to "overwrite". Follow through with the wizarad & fill in the boxes. Now to create the 2nd export, hit new, but make sure you select "ADD Data to the file" & not anything else. Going through the next box will be "Append data to existing table". Keep this up until you have all the exports done.

When you have done all this save the projects & xmod files. Then from the Project menu hit "run all". The first pass will create a new file (or over write the existing one), and the 2nd & Later exports will append to the bottom of the sheet.

Monarch is sometimes stupid with worksheet names, so do not go into Excel & rename the sheets.

Let me know if this steers you in the right direction.

PS Monarch has a patch to 7.02, they fixed a few things.

Grant Perkins

Dan,

I would do what Bruce has suggested but just to clarify I think you will need 3 projects (.xprj files) - 1 for each model - and then run them in sequence, presumably via the batch file.

If you have more than one export task defined in each Project Export then you may want the /pxall qualifier. Even if you only have one export using /pxall is OK.

You would need to be sure that each part of the process closes the Excel file before the next one tries to post to it.

It might also be helpful to see a log file while getting this to work. Check out the HELP file for "LogOperations" to see what can be set up.

I hope this is useful information.

Grant

Originally posted by Dan Kinney:

I am using Monarch Pro 7.01.

I have 1 report file and 3 different models.

I want to export the output from each model to the same .XLS file appending the data.

From what I am reading I should be able to do this with Project Export. I can't seem to come up with the proper sequence of events to create a Project Export to accomplish this.

Can anyone tell me the correct sequence I need to record the Project Export to accomplish this? 

I then will create a BAT file to automate the process and am assuming that I will need to use the /pxall command parameter.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. /b[/quote]

Thanks for the responses, these helped alot.

One thing that I had wrong was that my FIELD NAMES in my models were not the same so when I tried to append data to my spreadsheet I was getting an error message.

Once I figured that out I was able to record my PRJ export files and create my BAT file.

Everything is working as expected.

Thanks...