2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:56 AM by Arne _ RSS

Export to EXCEL: file size

Arne _

:confused: 

Hello,

I export files from Monarch V7.1 PRO (same was true in previous versions) to Excel and publish them on a server. Thus I want to keep file size as small as possible.

After export a file has e.g. size 2.8MB. Opening the file in Excel and storing (without any change) again reduces file size to 1.7MB. Does anybody have an explanation or best knows a way to spare me opening and saving all files created before copying to the server?

Kind regards, Arne

• Export to EXCEL: file size
          Gareth Horton

Arne

It is the Microsoft Excel driver that we are using.

If you use the apply Excel formatting option, it will have the same effect as opening the file in Excel and saving it again, so the file size will be reduced automatically.

Gareth

Originally posted by Arne:

:confused:  

Hello,

I export files from Monarch V7.1 PRO (same was true in previous versions) to Excel and publish them on a server. Thus I want to keep file size as small as possible.

After export a file has e.g. size 2.8MB. Opening the file in Excel and storing (without any change) again reduces file size to 1.7MB. Does anybody have an explanation or best knows a way to spare me opening and saving all files created before copying to the server?

Kind regards, Arne /b[/quote]

• Export to EXCEL: file size
            Arne _

Thanks a lot, Gareth, it works nicely and even keeps the auto filters I have set for selections in Excel.

Take care, Arne

smile.gif[/img]