6 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:56 AM by Grant Perkins RSS

External Look Up with date format

beckyz _

I have an external look up that uses an excel spreadsheet for the lookup.  It's been working fine but I need to import another field which happens to be a date field.  It will not bring in the dates.  The error states its invalid table.  I'm thinking it's because the excel s/s has it formatted as date and monarch converts it to a character field which I can't change.  Any ideas on how to work around this issue?  Thanks.

• External Look Up with date format
          Grant Perkins

Originally posted by beckyz:

I have an external look up that uses an excel spreadsheet for the lookup.  It's been working fine but I need to import another field which happens to be a date field.  It will not bring in the dates.  The error states its invalid table.  I'm thinking it's because the excel s/s has it formatted as date and monarch converts it to a character field which I can't change.  Any ideas on how to work around this issue?  Thanks. /b[/quote]Becky,

Are you doing the lookup using the date field or just importing the date field?

Grant

beckyz _

I am just importing the date field. The weird thing is that right now I'm importing about 5 different fields which work perfectly.  Once I click on the date field and process all the other fields go null.  If I unclick the date field all the other fields are found.

Grant Perkins

That certainly sounds strange.

Is there any chance that you could make samples of the report, your model and the excel file available for people to experiment with? I appreciate that may be difficult if sensitive information is involved. But what you have described is not something I have seen before as far as I can recall.

Grant

beckyz _

Yes, I can send the files with dummy information.  Where should I send them?

Grant Perkins

Originally posted by beckyz:

Yes, I can send the files with dummy information.  Where should I send them? /b[/quote]I'll send you a Private Message with an email address shortly.

Grant

Grant Perkins

... Or I would have done but you are not allowing PMs. I should have looked more carefully.

If you send me a PM with your email address I will send details to you there.

Grant