1 Reply Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:56 AM by Gareth Horton RSS

Programming Monarch - Early Binding?

Jay Ayliff

I'm trying to write a VB6 app to automate Monarch. The programmer's Guide tells me to Dim the server as Object then instantiate it using GetObject/CreateObject. This gives me a late bound object which runs slower and has no IntelliSense when coding.

Is there a way to set a reference to the relevant DLL/TLB file and use early binding? I tried monarch.tlb but the program crashes with error 430. What is the correct file please?

• Programming Monarch - Early Binding?
          Gareth Horton

Jay

You can't do early binding with Monarch.

You could do early binding whilst you are coding to get the intellisense, then revert to late when you are done.

Gareth

Originally posted by Jay Ayliff:

I'm trying to write a VB6 app to automate Monarch. The programmer's Guide tells me to Dim the server as Object then instantiate it using GetObject/CreateObject. This gives me a late bound object which runs slower and has no IntelliSense when coding.

Is there a way to set a reference to the relevant DLL/TLB file and use early binding? I tried monarch.tlb but the program crashes with error 430. What is the correct file please? /b[/quote]