6 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:56 AM by Grant Perkins RSS
      • Congratulations to Grant Perkins on his 500th post!
        Grant Perkins

Thanks Mark!

I sort of hoped that the figure would pass by quietly and unnoticed, though I have to confess I wondered what title Mike and Gareth had allocated to the point of change (assuming that there would be one.)

I hope the majority of the post have been relevant and useful - it would seem somewhat fraudulent if they have not been so.

And I have to say there are a large number of you out there who I believe have much greater knowledge and competence than I do - but are probably kept too busy by employers to make the numbers on the forum!

Finally may I say I find it a great pleasure to be exchanging ideas with all of you and learning so much as part of that.

A great forum for a great set of products.

Grant

Originally posted by Mark Huston:

He's now a Monarch Master.

Awesome! [/b][/quote]

Nick Osdale-Popa

Congratulations Grant. Come on, admit it. You live, breathe and dream Monarch 24/7.    

Granted, I'm not out here as much as I would like, but everytime I do, I never fail to find something new to try and or contribute.

Grant Perkins

Hi Nick,

I have to deny the 24/7 claim!

I don't ever recall having a dream about Monarch and there is usually at least one day a week where I am kept busy with other things  - so 20/6 is probably about right.    

I guess I really should broaden my horizons .. perhaps more VorteXML, some Data Pump and a VB programming course?    

Have fun.

Grant

Data Kruncher

Grant,

I've learned much from all[/b] of your posts, whether they were in response to my own queries or those of others. Thanks again! I can't wait to see what challenges you'll cover and conquer in the next 500!    

I for one would love to see what you come up with when you start playing with VB.   :cool: 

Best regards,

Sandy

Nick Osdale-Popa

I for one would love to see what you come up with when you start playing with VB.    :cool: /quoteBe afraid. Be very afraid.        

Grant, if you need any help in the VB area, let me know how I can be of assistance.

My VBA/Monarch routine is constantly evolving as I learn things (dynamic filtering, two-pass models, etc).

Grant Perkins

Originally posted by Nick Osdale-Popa:

/size[quote]quote:[/size]I for one would love to see what you come up with when you start playing with VB.     :cool:  /quoteBe afraid. Be very afraid.             /size[/QUOTE]Hmm, I was going to say the same thing but, I suspect, for very different reasons!

Grant, if you need any help in the VB area, let me know how I can be of assistance.[/quote]Ok, great. First, where do I start? Second, never yet been to California, can you offer residential training?        :cool: 

My VBA/Monarch routine is constantly evolving as I learn things (dynamic filtering, two-pass models, etc).[/quote]Sounds like I have one heck of a lot of catching up to do  - once I have uncovered some aptitude.

Life may not be long enough ...

Have fun everyone and thanks for your very kind  comments.

Grant