4 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:56 AM by Eric Pastor RSS

Missing or incorrect version MFWFIL32.DLL

Eric Pastor

Hello, I have a problem running Monarch 7 on a Metaframe XP Citrix Win2K server. We have a 15 concurrent user license which should be run on a Citrix server. The error message we get is "Cannot open file MFWFIL32.DLL. File is missing or version is incorrect". I searched through this forum but couldn't find a solution. Monarch is only working with the userid I installed it with. Any other userid doesn't work and gives the error message mentioned above. What access rights are needed?

Please help

• Missing or incorrect version MFWFIL32.DLL
          Grant Perkins

Eric,

You probably found  [url="http://mails.datawatch.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000549#000001"]this[/url] before but one of the things to check is that the permissions for the registry entry (or entries) are also enabled for all users.

Likewise the various Monarch folders which may be set to allow access only to the user name that created the folder during the installation.

Was this a fresh installation or an upgrade?

Grant

Originally posted by Eric Pastor:

Hello, I have a problem running Monarch 7 on a Metaframe XP Citrix Win2K server. We have a 15 concurrent user license which should be run on a Citrix server. The error message we get is "Cannot open file MFWFIL32.DLL. File is missing or version is incorrect". I searched through this forum but couldn't find a solution. Monarch is only working with the userid I installed it with. Any other userid doesn't work and gives the error message mentioned above. What access rights are needed?

Please help /b[/quote]

[size="1"][ May 19, 2006, 01:34 PM: Message edited by: Todd Niemi ][/size]

Eric Pastor

It was a fresh install, I found out that it has something to do with access rights (as you mentioned). When a user is member of the local admin group of the server it works. Can you tell me which access rights are exactly needed? (registry and files). Thanks

Gareth Horton

Eric

Here are some instructions we got from a client quite a while ago regarding Citrix.  I am not sure if they are outdated or not.

Follow these steps to install the Monarch client (under the Setup folder) to a (Citrix) Terminal Server. The administrator should create the application (client) folder that the user(s) will access when using Monarch. Example: D:AppsMonarch

1. The administrator needs to stop (in order) the following services:

· K9 Time Sync

· Citrix RMS

2. Go to a Command Prompt:

From the Admin folder (C?:Admin>) type the command;

C:Admin>change user/install

3. Browse to the Setup folder on the file server (using Windows NT Explorer).

Locate Setup.exe in the Setup folder and double click on Setup.exe. The

standard client installation responses are required.

The user profile contains all of the registry entries necessary to run Monarch. The

standard procedure for assuring that the user has the minimum permissions to the

Monarch folders on the file server apply; Scan/read for the Program and Setup folder.

Full control is recommended for the Users folder.

4. After the client installation has completed successfully, from the command

prompt:

C:Admin>Type the command;

C:Admin>change user/execute

5. Re-Start the following services (in order):

· Citrix RMS

· K9 Time Sync

The user session is now ready to run the Monarch application

Hope this helps

Gareth

Eric Pastor

Hi, I found out that the installation had done something strange. The inheritable permissions where not set for three dll files in C:Program FilesMonarchProgram. These files are :

DUNZIP32.DLL

DZIP32.DLL

MFWFIL32.DLL

Why this happened I don't know, but after giving these files inheritable permissions it worked.

Thanks for all your replies

Eric