1 Reply Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:56 AM by Grant Perkins RSS

Field Column Name

azamora _

I Have a question that probably is already answered, but I couldn't find it in the forums.

I have a report where the column name for my detailed information changes every week because is based on dates, so I have to change the Field Name each week in the Model file manually. Is there any way to automate this or probably a configuration to the Model file that I'm missing?.

Thank You in Advance.

• Field Column Name
          Grant Perkins

Hi,

Not an easy one really. There was an earlier post which I have now found  [url="http://mails.datawatch.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000096#000000"]here[/url]

I suspect you either need to follow this concept or somthing similar.

An alternative might be to consider a 2 stage process where a model is created to only extract the column header info and export that to a file. A second model then extracts the required data and appends to the file previously created. The first row can then be used as a field names row rather than a data row if importing to other applications.

The most suitable approach may depend on what you need to do with the extracted data and which version of Monarch you are using V7 Pro makes the 2 stage process a little easier to set up using Project Exports for example.

I hope this offers some help.

Grant

Originally posted by azamora:

I Have a question that probably is already answered, but I couldn't find it in the forums.

I have a report where the column name for my detailed information changes every week because is based on dates, so I have to change the Field Name each week in the Model file manually. Is there any way to automate this or probably a configuration to the Model file that I'm missing?.

Thank You in Advance. /b[/quote]

[size="1"][ May 19, 2006, 02:26 PM: Message edited by: Todd Niemi ][/size]