3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:56 AM by Grant Perkins RSS

exporting tables to Access

aardvark _

We have recently upgraded to Monarch 7.0. We have several reports that we generate by launching Monarch from MS Access.

When we upgraded, we found several reports that were no longer being generated.

We have found this pattern: All reports that export a table, the export file is not being created when Monarch is launched from Access.  All reports that export a summary are exporting correctly.

When we run Monarch by itself, using the same file and model names, it exports both tables and summaries correctly.  When we were using the previous version of Monarch, both were exporting correctly, whether using Access or not.

The only thing that has changed in our system is the new version of Monarch.  Has the ExportTable method changed in version 7?  Does it require extra parameters?  Or is this a bug in Monarch 7?

• exporting tables to Access
          DY*BIM _

Try using JetExportTable:

[font="courier"]  blnOpenMod = objMonarch.SetModelFile("S:SharedClaimsModelsClaimRun.mod")

'        If blnOpenMod = True Then 'export the table

'            blnExport = objMonarch.JetExportTable(strExportFile, strTableName1, intAppFlag0)[/font][/quote]HTH

dy

aardvark _

I tried using JetExportTable, but got an error "This method not supported".  Apparently JetExportTable is only available for Monarch Pro; I'm using the standard version.

Grant Perkins

Reading back through earlier posts of export problems (especially after an upgrade) there have been a few examples of permissions and rights needing to be reset - especially permissions for the new registry entries.

One of the symptoms is that manual running works but automated process do not. Sometimes it depends upon which account was used for the upgrade process.

That your program is successful for summaries but not for tables sounds a little odd - but have you eliminated permissions and access rights problems as part as part of you investigation?

Bear in mind I am only speculating about things worth checking - it's not an area I have to dive in to much (indeed at all) so I am no expert on the matter, but it seemed worth mentioning, just in case.

Grant

Originally posted by aardvark:

We have recently upgraded to Monarch 7.0. We have several reports that we generate by launching Monarch from MS Access.

When we upgraded, we found several reports that were no longer being generated.

We have found this pattern: All reports that export a table, the export file is not being created when Monarch is launched from Access.  All reports that export a summary are exporting correctly.

When we run Monarch by itself, using the same file and model names, it exports both tables and summaries correctly.  When we were using the previous version of Monarch, both were exporting correctly, whether using Access or not.

The only thing that has changed in our system is the new version of Monarch.  Has the ExportTable method changed in version 7?  Does it require extra parameters?  Or is this a bug in Monarch 7? /b[/quote]