4 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:56 AM by Andrea _ RSS

Formatting Template

Andrea _

Hi all,

I created some reports in monarch, now I would like to preserve the excel formatting everytime I extract the reports into a file. The problem is that the reports won't always have the same number of rows, but they will change every time. Is there any way to create a formatting template in monarch or in excel ? Alternatively, is there any other product that will help me with the formatting of reports created with monarch ?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Andrea

• Formatting Template
          Bruce _

Andrea

If you have checked off the "Apply Formating to Excel files..." (in the Options/ Export & Clipboard menu), the formating from Monarch will carry over to Excel. The formatting in Monarch is not as extensive as Excel, but should be OK for most needs. Otherwise make a self-starting vba macro in Excel to polish up the rest of the formatting (like page layouts).

Regards,

• Formatting Template
            Andrea _

Thanks a lot Bruce,

the thing is that the formatting available in Monarch isn't enough for me, I want to present the reports in a clean and nice way. And the other thing is that I know nothing about VBA macros...

I take that my problem has no solutions ?    

Let me know and thanks again for your help

Andrea

• Formatting Template
              Steve Caiels

Hi Andrea,

If you have Monarch Pro, you can export your Monarch data to a 2nd tab in a pre formatted worksheet.

Will that be good enough for your Excel formatting needs?  Let me know and I can run through the steps.

Regards

Steve

• Formatting Template
                Andrea _

I don't know if it will cover 100% of my needs but if we can start to cover at least half of them it would be a big step forward.

Let me know, I'd be more than thankful.

Andrea