1 Reply Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:56 AM by Grant Perkins RSS

Models in chain

Oli _

I often analyze 2 asci-txt-files with 2 diffrent Models.

Now my quesion:

Is it possible to combine these two steps in Monarch. I want to join these Models an her results in one table view. I work with V7.01. (auch gerne in deutsch).

Best Regards

Oli

[size="1"][ July 13, 2004, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: Oli ][/size]

• Models in chain
          Grant Perkins

Oli,

From your desciption I do not think you can put the two reports directly together as you have 2 models but Monarch can only use one model at a time.

However you could perhaps create 2 new output files with the same format and then combine them.

If you have V7 you may be able to export from the 2 projects into the same Export file.

You could then 'Monarch' the newly created file.

OR you might be able to process ONE of the reports to an extrenal file and then, if you have the PRO version of Monarch, make the dsecond model for the second file and connect to the first file by a Lookup. However this may not be what you need to do - I am guessing a little!

It sounds like you will need a multi-stage process. But you should be able to link all of the stages into a single operation. You can do this using saved Projects and then a batch process script to run each stage in sequence.

Alternatively, if you are a programmer, you could control the process using a VB program.

I hope this helps a little. We will be happy to provide some more information if the explanations are not clear to you.

Grant

Originally posted by Oli:

I often analyze 2 asci-txt-files with 2 diffrent Models.

Now my quesion:

Is it possible to combine these two steps in Monarch. I want to join these Models an her results in one table view. I work with V7.01. (auch gerne in deutsch).

Best Regards

Oli /b[/quote]