3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:56 AM by Grant Perkins RSS

Monarch 7 date field dd-mmm-yyyy

Gary Kaye

My report has the date field as dd-mmm-yyyy, for example 05-Mar-2004.

I need to convert this to a date format that can be used for sorting, etc.

• Monarch 7 date field dd-mmm-yyyy
          Bruce _

Gary

Is this just one date that comes in like this are all the dates, all the reports?

1st case use CTOD function, 2nd case switch your input options to the date you need.

Hope this helps

Bruce _

Gary

Pardon my grammer!

I should have said "Is this just one date that comes in like this, or is the date format the same for all reports?"

Regards

Grant Perkins

Gary,

As far as I know if Monarch is working with date fields the underlying record will contain a serial number representing date and is therefore sortable anyway, irrespective of the output display format. (that said your months can be numeric or full month name but not the abbreviated month name unless you take other steps to make it so.)

I'm going to guess that the report's date format is not the same as your PC's date format default for windows. No matter, Monarch allows you to specify the date format used on the report (Options >> Input >> Date/Time translation ) and saves the format with the model for future repetition.

If you capture the field in a template and then specify that it is a date type field Monarch should interpret it correctly and present it in the date format you elect to use. Sorts should work correctly.

If this fails at some point let us know the circumstances and I am sure there will be an answer delivered quickly.

Grant

Originally posted by Gary Kaye:

My report has the date field as dd-mmm-yyyy, for example 05-Mar-2004.

I need to convert this to a date format that can be used for sorting, etc. /b[/quote]