6 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:56 AM by Flanders _ RSS

Monarch Newbie looking for help

Flanders _

I'm BRAND new to Monarch (v7.01) and have had a nice project dropped into my lap.  The report is 3 pages long; each page containing a header; each page containing non-repeating detail.  I can extract all information trapped on the first page but lose all trapped data on remaining pages.  I've played with the header trap but seem to be getting nowhere fast.  Would love to be pointed in ANY kind of direction!  Thanks

• Monarch Newbie looking for help
          DY*BIM _

Can you post a sample of the report (sans sensetive data)?

Flanders _

I'll work on getting an example posted.  There is a ton of information which might be considered "sensitive".

Grant Perkins

Do the pages look like they have the have the same format or are they all individual layouts?

If the same it sounds a bit odd that your detail only selects from page 1.

If you take one component of the extraction at a time and prove that each part works on its own then, in theory, they should all work together.

It may be that your Page Header does not need to be a header but just an append. Before you created the header did you get a complete selection of the detail lines as you wish to select them?

Grant

Originally posted by Flanders:

I'll work on getting an example posted.  There is a ton of information which might be considered "sensitive". /b[/quote]

Flanders _

Each page has the same header but different layouts.

Grant Perkins

OK,

So, ignoring the page header for now, how well can you 'map' the data, which I presume is the detail you require to extract, from page to page?

I am beginning to wonder if you have been thrown in at the deepest possible end of a problem here!

Seeing the report layout would help enormously.

The last time someone came up with a 3 page report having constant headers but different 'body' formats it was the result of a conversion from a 3 page .pdf file. I don't suppose this is from a similar source by any chance?

Appreciating that the data is sensitive do you or any of your colleagues have access to a sample version of the report with dummy or obsolete data?

Grant

Originally posted by Flanders:

Each page has the same header but different layouts. /b[/quote]

Flanders _

A solution was worked out...thanks!