2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:55 AM by aardvark _ RSS

Exporting null columns of a summary

aardvark _

I am using Monarch 7 to create a summary.  In the summary, I am using an across key with 9 possible values.  I am running the report daily, and for a given day, not all possible values may be present.

I.e., on Monday, my summary may have columns A, B, C, D, and E, while on Tuesday it may be B, D, F, G, H, and I.

The resulting summary is being exported to a text file.  Because not all the columns are present every day, the resulting reports are not standard.

Is there a way to force Monarch to create all the columns in the summary, even when they are not present in the original file?  I would like the text file to show all nine columns every day, whether or not there is any data in a particular column.

• Exporting null columns of a summary
          Grant Perkins

Hi,

Maybe the 'dummy file' idea  [url="http://mails.datawatch.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000373#000000"]here[/url] could be of use to you?

Grant

Originally posted by aardvark:

I am using Monarch 7 to create a summary.  In the summary, I am using an across key with 9 possible values.  I am running the report daily, and for a given day, not all possible values may be present.

I.e., on Monday, my summary may have columns A, B, C, D, and E, while on Tuesday it may be B, D, F, G, H, and I.

The resulting summary is being exported to a text file.  Because not all the columns are present every day, the resulting reports are not standard.

Is there a way to force Monarch to create all the columns in the summary, even when they are not present in the original file?  I would like the text file to show all nine columns every day, whether or not there is any data in a particular column. /b[/quote]

[size="1"][ May 19, 2006, 01:29 PM: Message edited by: Todd Niemi ][/size]

• Exporting null columns of a summary
            aardvark _

Thanks! That's exactly what I needed to make it work.