5 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:55 AM by sveni2211 _ RSS

2 line trap

rmajor77 _

I can’t find how to designate a trap character on the 2nd line of a 2 line trap. What am I missing?

• 2 line trap
          Nick Osdale-Popa

In the definition of the template, right above the trap entry box, you should see an option that says:

Trap Line:[/b] followed by the number 1

Just increase that line to 2 and it will now trap on the 2nd line.

Hope that helps!

Originally posted by rmajor77:

I can’t find how to designate a trap character on the 2nd line of a 2 line trap. What am I missing? /b[/quote]

• 2 line trap
            rmajor77 _

I did that but I was trying to create a trap based on both lines.

Thanks

• 2 line trap
              sveni2211 _

Hello.

I have the same problem and question. I'm using Monarch 8.01 pro. There is a report in PDF-format. Other reports are no problem. I was able to get all data we needed.

But this report has Records which are sometimes about 2,3,4,5 or 6 lines. Setting the selector isn't problem. The lines i needed are selected by monarch. But there are also selections, next records selected to.

Data look like this:

[font="courier"]selector

ßAß

Number Typ Name      Item     Price

000381  A  Name 1    Part 1   100.00

004283  A  Name 2    Part 1   100.00

004647  A  Name 3    Part 1   100.00

Part 2   100.00

Part 4   100.00

234787  A  Name 4    Part 2   100.00

Part 3   100.00

427878  B  Name 5    Part 1   100.00

Part 3   100.00  /font[/quote]In column "Typ" there are 1 of 3 characters possible. The price is only for example, could be all floating point values.

To extract data (arround 60,000 records) i selected (in this example) the 3 lines starts with "004647". Selector is set like above. Monarch selects the right datasets. But also some sets mit only one or two lines are selected, too. So, if i extract data, some lines are completly wrong, because for example a 2-line-record is mixed with a one-line-record.

So, question is, it's possible to use a selector above more than two lines? For example if i want all records with three of the part-line i'm able to tell monarch, in line 2 and 3 the first character have to be blank to go into the trap.

Or is there an other possibility to select the data i want?

• 2 line trap
                Bruce _

Yes there is another way.

First trap the price and item as the DETAIL template (do NOT pick up number type and name yet).

Now create a new APPEND template & pick up the 3 remaining fields you did not pick up in step 1.

That's it.

smile.gif[/img]

• 2 line trap
                  sveni2211 _

It work's really fine. Thank's a lot!