2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:55 AM by Grant Perkins RSS

Double footers

Ron Jones

I have a report that has the append level below the detail level. The customer is one level below and the location is another. I can use the footer to take care of one, but can't seem to figure out how to get the other. Any Ideas?

Ron

• Double footers
          Greg Goodman

W/o knowing report structure, it's hard to say.

Have you tried a multi line footer?

As good as Monarch is, sometimes you have to be creative - like making 2 models that append records together and a 3rd model to deal with the results.

• Double footers
            Grant Perkins

Ron,

I echo Greg's comment, without knowing the report layout, which sounds unusual, it's difficult to know what to suggest. Is there just one location for each customer?

Random ideas to add to those Greg suggested, just to spark ideas:

Make Customer the Detail record and have the 'detail' as an append and the location as footer. (I'm guessing there are potentially too many detail lines to allow this viability)

Or;

A two stage process, as Greg suggests, or perhaps re-arranging the report lines into a new format and then using that for the analysis. For example, using Monarch, move the the Customer and Location sections ABOVE the lines you want as detail, print the revised report and then treat them as appends. Again the layout of the report may preclude this or it may simply be easier to extract separate tables and then combine them as databases (if you have the Pro version.)

If you are able to post a sample of the format I for one would be pleased to have a look at the options.

Grant

Originally posted by Ron Jones:

I have a report that has the append level below the detail level. The customer is one level below and the location is another. I can use the footer to take care of one, but can't seem to figure out how to get the other. Any Ideas?

Ron /b[/quote]