3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:55 AM by Grant Perkins RSS

multiple instance of report - how to?

SueWilson _

I am trying to use the multiple instance report ability and cannot get it to work.  when i go to the report to open it 'a second time' - it does not open again.  i really need this function.  is there a hidden trick to this one?  is anyone else having problems with this function?

• multiple instance of report - how to?
          Nick Osdale-Popa

Multiple instance of the same report means that you have the same report, generally of different time periods.

Thus, you have a financial report each for October, November, & December and you can open each report in Monarch.

If you really need to open the same report twice, you can just copy that report to a new name and then open them both in Monarch.

Hope this clarifies it for you.

SueWilson _

thanks.  i'm setting up a model for someone else so renaming the same file several times is out of the question.  will not be able to use monarch for this project.  thank you for your reply!

Grant Perkins

Sue,

I'm aways curious to discover the reasons behind needing to open a report twice, especially in the same model.

Often there can be a requirement to use separate models on the same report because the layout is difficult or, as an extension of that problem to a solution, the process needs to be set up in two (sometimes more) stages. But that's not quite the same thing! (Though the 2 stage process may be sometimes.)

I have a stand alone installation (i.e. not a network install) and I am able to start multiple instances of Monarch (same report and model if necessary) if I need to but I don't think that is what you are looking for.

I am wondering if there is a different way around your problem or perhaps a useful feature that could be suggested for a future version. Any chance of a brief outline of the problem?

Grant

Originally posted by SueWilson:

thanks.  i'm setting up a model for someone else so renaming the same file several times is out of the question.  will not be able to use monarch for this project.  thank you for your reply! [/b][/quote]