2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:55 AM by TomB _ RSS

How to force a recalculation.

TomB _

I have created what I would consider a complex model that incorporates numerous calculated fields applied to 30,000 rows of data. Most of the time it works great. But, several times the model has gotten "stuck", meaning the calculated fields are not updating properly and are providing incorrect results. I have managed to get around this problem by temporarily modifying a formula, which seems to force the model to update all the records. Then I change back to the original formula, and I get the results I expected in the first place. Is there some kind of command available that will force the entire table to be updated? This really concerns me, as I certainly don't want to get caught in a situation where the formulas are correct, but the output is not.

• How to force a recalculation.
          Nigel Winton

Tom

I came across this once when I was using a machine with limited memory and processor. Monarch just did not have the resources to do the calculations on a big model.

Regards

Nigel

• How to force a recalculation.
            TomB _

The problem was solved by updating from 7.0 to 7.2. There was a bug fix in 7.2, so other users must have reported the same problem. Apparently the re-ordering of columns by the user after importing into a table using an external lookup caused calculations related to those imported fields to get messed-up.