1 Reply Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:55 AM by Grant Perkins RSS

Column Headers

Nick Osdale-Popa

OK, it looks like I've screwed up an option or something, or else something has changed in 7.01.

I have a column in Monarch called Job # ( or any column with the # ).  When it exports to Excel 97, it gets changed to Job .(period). On another user's machine with 7.0 (no patch) the column remains as Job #.

This is all done through VBA Code. 

My machine: Win2k, Monarch 7.01

User: Win98, Monarch 7.0

If I do the export manually on the user's machine, the # does get changed to the period.

Any ideas why I would get the export differently?

[size="1"][ January 06, 2004, 04:01 PM: Message edited by: Nick Osdale-Popa ][/size]

• Column Headers
          Grant Perkins

Hi Nick,

I get the same result if I (manual) export 7.01 to Excel 2000. (Win XP - Home version)

But export to .txt or Access 2000 and the # is retained.

If I observe that it is this sort if thing that makes life interesting, could that be misunderstood?

Maybe it's time to check the Jet Engine upgrade patches?

Grant

Originally posted by Nick Osdale-Popa:

OK, it looks like I've screwed up an option or something, or else something has changed in 7.01.

I have a column in Monarch called Job # ( or any column with the # ).  When it exports to Excel 97, it gets changed to Job .(period). On another user's machine with 7.0 (no patch) the column remains as Job #.

This is all done through VBA Code. 

My machine: Win2k, Monarch 7.01

User: Win98, Monarch 7.0

If I do the export manually on the user's machine, the # does get changed to the period.

Any ideas why I would get the export differently? /b[/quote]

[size="1"][ January 09, 2004, 11:52 AM: Message edited by: Grant Perkins ][/size]