3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:55 AM by cardealers _ RSS

Monarch Data Export to Access 2000

B. Glover

I have a user trying to append data records to an existing Access 2000 database table on the network via Monarch Pro V7.  The operation works fine if the database is not being used, but fails if another user has the database open.  The user is asking if some type of configuration can allow him to append his data without checking to see if users are in the database.

• Monarch Data Export to Access 2000
          Grant Perkins

BG,

IIRC Access 2000 added  number of aspects of database sharing security to 'enhance' the product. The way in which individual user rights are set when they open a file is part of that.

I have never really had a need to get to the bottom of the problem so I cannot provide full advice but it seems that the issues you face are related to the Access end of the process. It is usually something to do with 'exclusive' and 'shared' use of the databas, as set at the user level.

Sorry to be of little help but I hope that this may point you in an appropriate direction.

Grant

Originally posted by B. Glover:

I have a user trying to append data records to an existing Access 2000 database table on the network via Monarch Pro V7.  The operation works fine if the database is not being used, but fails if another user has the database open.  The user is asking if some type of configuration can allow him to append his data without checking to see if users are in the database. /b[/quote]

Nick Osdale-Popa

I have always found that Monarch wants exclusive rights to our Access 97 databases.  My way around it was for Monarch to export to a temp DB, then use Access to import/update that temp DB.

Hope that helps.

cardealers _

All,

Hope you don't mind me jumping in on this topic with a question of my own.  We are on V6.01, exporting a table view to excel.  Then trying to use Access 2000 to link to the exported spreadsheet, but Access 2000 does not recognize the file. i.e. the file name won't show in the file name box and won't link.  We can link to the same export file in Access 97.

Any ideas?

Cardealers