6 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:55 AM by Richard Corby RSS

Project/Summary stopped returning data

Richard Corby

I'm using version 7.0.  I have several projects scheduled to run each evening (projects are saved with a specific summary, the summary is exported to Excel).  This has worked consistently since January.

Two weeks ago some of the summaries started to return no data.  If you edit the summary, change something, then change back, it returns the correct results.  I did this for all the summaries and their projects and it seemed to fix things until yesterday.  Last night it started again.

Any suggestions on what might be going on or what I can check?  I'm stumped...

• Project/Summary stopped returning data
          RalphB _

Richard, Are the summary extract to Excel quite large?  If so, Monarch 7 has a known problem formatting large Excel spreadsheets.  I have the same problem here.  I have a couple of extracts over 15,000 lines of data that export over 10,000 rows to Excel. I had no problem when I was using Monarch 6 Pro.  Monarch is aware of this problem and is working on it.

The way I get around it is to uncheck the Apply formating to XLS files under the Options - Export and Clipboard Options - General tab.  Give this a try.

Ralph

Richard Corby

The problem is occuring prior to the Excel export.  The Summary is not genrating any results.  Again, if I change an element of the Summary (say apply a different filter), then change back, it then returns data.

Grant Perkins

Richard,

Are you running 7.0 or 7.01?

I have a vague recollection of something similar - though I cannot remember the context and it was not connected to an automated process - but I have not seen anything like it recently. Not since 7.01 as far as I can recall.

Could be my bad recall I guess.

Grant

Originally posted by Richard Corby:

The problem is occuring prior to the Excel export.  The Summary is not genrating any results.  Again, if I change an element of the Summary (say apply a different filter), then change back, it then returns data. /b[/quote]

Richard Corby

It is 7.0...perhaps an upgrade will resolve it?  I'm not sure why it just started happening?

Grant Perkins

Richard,

Upgrading is always worth a try.

As I recall I was seeing some strange lack of change situations when modifying models. The writing back did not seem to be working consistently or something and then seemed to affect the processes. I don't think I ever got to the bottom of it since the 7.01 install seemed to remove the problem. Whether it was code or simply a bad environment I will never know.

But you're right, it is odd when these things start to happen but are intermittent. Very difficult to analyse.

Anything else changing locally to the system?

Just a thought but I assume you are scheduling a process to run on a file which is being 'delivered' at a known time and is not part of your automated process. (Stop reading here if that is totally wrong ...)

Are you sure the file is being delivered in time for the start of the process? I just recalled that one of my clients had a similar problem once and it turned out that an earlier stage in the process had started to overrun - badly due to network performance issues - and was not delivered in time. Of course it was there later by the time people got to the office ...!

The process found yesterday's report but date selection precluded any of its data being selected. So everything ran but no values were output.

Some days the first file was ready on time - so the problem was intermittent.

Probably a mile off with this suggestion but maybe it will promot something else - and maybe this does not describe your process anyway.

Grant

Originally posted by Richard Corby:

It is 7.0...perhaps an upgrade will resolve it?  I'm not sure why it just started happening? /b[/quote]

Richard Corby

It is the strangest think, and I am trying to get resources to install the maintenance release.

The file is showing up on schedule.  I can duplicate the Summary, click on it and it returns data.  Then click on the original Summary tab, and it returns one row with all "null" values, click on the new - get data, click on the orignal - get data.  Save it all as a new Project, close all, open project - data.

I'm stumped.