2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:55 AM by Grant Perkins RSS

Batch Export .mdb

Brian Welsh

I am trying to automate a process where as the report I need is within a portable file.  Because of this I can't run a batch file with a xprj in it.  I want to write a batch file to export a table to a mdb and add the data and overwrite an existing table.  My batch is not working, help please.

"C:Program FilesMonarchProgramMonarch.exe" "C:B2k.xmod" "C:B2k.mdb" /expfileopt:[Add]

Where do I specify the table to overwrite in the mdb?  There is only 1 table in the model.

Thank you.

• Batch Export .mdb
          Nick Osdale-Popa

Checking your profile, I notice that you do use Ver 8.  For the Pro version there is a table parameter: (From Help)

/exptable:[Tablename](V8 and later)     Sets the name of the table to be used for the command line export

/exptableopt:[option](V8 and later)     Sets the table option for the command line export. Possible values of option are overwrite, append, and skip. These correspond directly to the options on the Table Info page of the Export Wizard[/quote]Try that to see if it works for you.

• Batch Export .mdb
            Grant Perkins

Originally posted by Brian Welsh:

I am trying to automate a process where as the report I need is within a portable file[/b].  Because of this I can't run a batch file with a xprj in it. /quoteBrian,

Are you saying the data atable you want to export arrives with you inside a .prf file?

If not can you indicate what you do have as the portable file?

Grant