4 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:55 AM by Nicholas _ RSS

Multiple Line Problem

Nicholas _

Hello all. 

I am a relatively new user to Monarch who has been doing much of his learning through trial and error or the help index.  I have a report, of which I will provide an example, that is similar to the example in the "Capturing a Multiple Line Field" where there are varying number of lines to be captured.  The report I have has an error description column with a corresponding error code column. Each line in the error description column is distinct with an error code.  It is not a continuing sentence.  How do I capture all of these individual varying error lines for each patient account number?  Here is a sample of my report. 

Account #        Error Descrip       Error Code

124243           Did Not pay         478487

Did Not Match       454544

123765           Was Not Registered  789789

Did Not pay         478478

145677           Did Not Match       454544

Any Help is appreciated.  Just in case I use Monarch Pro 7.0 for windows xp professional

• Multiple Line Problem
          Grant Perkins

Originally posted by Nicholas:

[font="courier"]Account #        Error Descrip       Error Code

124243           Did Not pay         478487

123765           Was Not Registered  789789

Did Not pay         478478

145677           Did Not Match       454544[/font][/quote]Any Help is appreciated.  Just in case I use Monarch Pro 7.0 for windows xp professional /b[/quote]Nicholas, welcome to the forum.

I think the multi-line functionality is what you need followed by some means of processing the resulting block of text into the form you require. But you don't say what you want to do with the block in terms of breaking it down for the final output.

That could be just a little important for the amount of work you need to do to get what you want.

I guess either the Error code or description is redundant in the final analysis. But do you need the resulting record to be completely Account centric or might the error codes be considered as detail lines with the account number appended - in which case a different solution is required.

Looking forward to hearing more.

Grant

• Multiple Line Problem
            Nicholas _

Grant,

Thank you for your quick response.  The format that is in your post is exactly what I need to see in the table.  Because this is an error report, I do need the duplicates and redundancies so they can be corrected.  The error codes are detail lines with the error description, so they are supposed to match in the table.  Some of my descriptions also have blanks in the error code, which I fear may not be getting picked up in the table.  . The account number in my report can have up to three possible errors. Essentially, I just need each error description/code to fall in to a row with the corresponding account number

• Multiple Line Problem
              Grant Perkins

Are either of these ideas what you are looking for?

[font="courier"]Account # Error Descrip        Error Code

124243    Did Not pay          478487

124243    Did Not Match        454544

123765    Was Not Registered   789789

123765    Did Not pay          478478

123765    Did Not Match        454544

145677    Did Not Match        454544[/font][/quote]or

[font="courier"]Account #    Error Descrip Error Code List

124243       Did Not pay 478487  Did Not Match 454544

123765       Was Not Registered 789789  Did Not pay 478478  Did Not Match 454544

145677       Did Not Match 454544[/font][/quote]If the first one treat the Error code and Description lines as detail templates and the Account # as an append template.

If the second one use the account number the trap for the detail line and make the Description AND CODE together the second field of the line.

Make it a multi line field with a suitable 'end on' definition. Set the width of the display for the field to be wide enough to see the full text on one line. (Or use the Field Contents window. Check the options available through the entries in the help files - more there than I can include here!).

If neither of these are quite what you want let us know where they fall short and we can have another go!

HTH.

Grant

• Multiple Line Problem
                Nicholas _

Grant,

The first one is what i am was looking for.  Thank you for your help.  Im sure I will be back.

Nicholas