1 Reply Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:55 AM by Grant Perkins RSS

Incorrect Data In Table (Repeating)

Phillip Vineyard

When trapping multiple line data, the data is correctly trapped in the report window.  When looking at the table window, the data from those fields is repeated in the following records (the fields should be blank) until the next record which contains data in that field.  Then that data is repeated.  I did check and the check box for "leave empty cells blank" is checked in the field properties.  I have deleted the template and recreated it to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

• Incorrect Data In Table (Repeating)
          Grant Perkins

Phillip,

Sounds like your multiple line text is either in an Append template or a header or a footer. Any of those situations would generate the repeat of the field until such time as the next occurrence of that template in the report.

From your desciption it seems that the multi-line needs to be in the detail template.

If that is not an option for some reason then it will be necessary to seek a way around the problem. The first thing that comes to mind is that it might be possible to work out a rule for whetehr or not the field should be part of a record and therefore include or exclude it in any outputs accordingly.

Does this help at all?

It may be that your report is awkward enough to require some special treatment, in which case if you are in a position to be able to post a few lines of sample report for us to look at it may produce ideas more rapidly. I appreciate that is not always possible.

Grant

Originally posted by Phillip Vineyard:

When trapping multiple line data, the data is correctly trapped in the report window.  When looking at the table window, the data from those fields is repeated in the following records (the fields should be blank) until the next record which contains data in that field.  Then that data is repeated.  I did check and the check box for "leave empty cells blank" is checked in the field properties.  I have deleted the template and recreated it to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Thank you. /b[/quote]