1 Reply Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:55 AM by Bob Yarnall RSS

Rename files in Autoscript

Lanette _

I have created a batch file that will rename files, then run a Monarch project file.  For some reason, I cannot get the REN command in DOS to work when I run the batch file using AutoScript, but I can get it to work if I run the batch file directly.  I get an error message saying the process cannot be started.  Alternatively, I can get the command lines that run Monarch to work through Autoscript, but not outside of it. 

I have tried the DOS commands REN, RENAME, and COPY, but none work...below is the text of my .bat file:

rem ********Rename Files********

cd

C:

CD C:Program FilesMonarchReportsSAPProcess

REN AH.TXT ASSET_HISTORY.TXT

REM ********Extract Data********

C:Program FilesMonarchProgramMonarch.exe /prj:"C:Program FilesMonarchProjectsAsset History_Extract Asset Class.prj" /pxall

C:Program FilesMonarchProgramMonarch.exe /prj:"C:Program FilesMonarchProjectsAsset History_Extract Eval Group.prj" /pxall

If I put in the full name of the original file in and use the COPY command it works, but not if I use the wildcard symbol (*). Since the name of my file varies from month to month (there is a code and datestamp on it, I need to be able to rename if first.

Am I missing something?