2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:55 AM by Charlie Whisman - HMA RSS

Multiple Detail per Line

Charlie Whisman - HMA

I just attended the basic class so I don't know if this is even possible?  We currently use two models and combine into one spreadsheet.  I would like to have one model to pull in both columns.

Example:

412 01119 Desc item #1 250      01120  Desc item #2 257

416 01121 Desc item #3 250      01122  Desc item #4 257

412, 416 = dept for both items

01119, 01120, etc... = code of each item

Desc of each item

250, 257 =  rev codes of each item

Any ideas?

• Multiple Detail per Line
          Grant Perkins

Originally posted by Charlie Whisman - HMA:

I just attended the basic class so I don't know if this is even possible?  We currently use two models and combine into one spreadsheet.  I would like to have one model to pull in both columns.

Example:

[font="courier"]412 01119 Desc item #1 250      01120  Desc item #2 257

416 01121 Desc item #3 250      01122  Desc item #4 257[/font][/quote]412, 416 = dept for both items

01119, 01120, etc... = code of each item

Desc of each item

250, 257 =  rev codes of each item

Any ideas? /b[/quote]Hi Charlie,

If you are using version 7 or version 8 Monarch it sound like you need to try out the Multi Column Region (MCR) functionality when creating the templates for the model. It is possible that it would nt be covered in the Basic course. Not everyone needs it and it's a subject which can be quite easy but sometimes is very complex to get just right if the report is, shall we say, variable.

If the sample you posted is a fair and true representation of your report we could have a go at creating an MCR based model for it. If the actual report is not quite so well composed it may be better to play with a small sample of a real report (if possible) to provide more rapidly productive assistance for you.

Let us know?

HTH.

Grant

• Multiple Detail per Line
            Charlie Whisman - HMA

Thanks Grant!

I am the hero of the office this morning!

Charlie