5 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:55 AM by doublef _ RSS

    Export everything but last row...?

    doublef _

      Is there any way to export every row in my report except the very last one?  The reason I ask this is because I was able to trap all the information I needed to export, but it is picking up all the totals in the footer area.

       

      I am new to Monarch, so any help would be great!  Thanks in advance   smile.gif[/img]

        • Export everything but last row...?
          Grant Perkins

          Hi ff,

           

          3 options come to mind to start off.

           

          Firstly, if you don't want the totals can you exclude them by adjusting the trap for the detail template so the footer area does is not selected?

           

          Maybe you could also consider setting up the footer area as a footer append with no fields defined.

           

          If neither of those work for your report the answer may be to just accept that the summaries will be selected but then filter them out of the table (or summary) before you export.

           

          All 3 techniques are perfectly valid and the choice is usually governed by the format of the report or personal preferences.

           

          If none of these work is there a chance that you could post some sample lines from the report (using the 'Code' button for instant UBB code) so that we can most easily appreciate the problem?

           

          Hope this helps.

           

          Grant

           

          Originally posted by doublef:

          Is there any way to export every row in my report except the very last one?  The reason I ask this is because I was able to trap all the information I needed to export, but it is picking up all the totals in the footer area.

           

          I am new to Monarch, so any help would be great!  Thanks in advance    smile.gif[/img]  /b[/quote]

          • Export everything but last row...?
            doublef _

            Thanks for the response!  I think the filter may work the best.  Here is a mock up of how the reports looks.  The last row is the one I want to filter out.  It contains a 'Null' value in the ID# column. 

             

            [font="courier"]ID#     Employee     Field1     Field2

            100     John         xxxx       xxxx

            101     Jane         xxxx       xxxx

            (Null)  Totals       xxxx       xxxx[/font][/quote]Is there a filter expression I could use to filter that 'Null' line out before I export?

            • Export everything but last row...?
              doublef _

              I think I may have got it with a simple If statement.  I used "If(=0,0,1)"

               

              Does this look OK, or do you think there is a better way of doing it?

              • Export everything but last row...?
                Grant Perkins

                Hi,

                 

                 

                The filter looks ok though nulls can be 'interesting' filters sometimes.

                 

                You could also consider filtering for the name "Totals".

                 

                Or your trap might be a way to approach this if you specify that the detail line must have some numeric characters at the begining where the ID# is placed.

                 

                Whichever way you prefer it looks like you have a solution. Try a few of them - it will be a very useful learning experience which will stay with you and takes little time.

                 

                Have fun.

                 

                Grant

                 

                Edit - Typos fixed for clarity

                 

                 

                  Originally posted by doublef:

                I think I may have got it with a simple If statement.  I used "If(=0,0,1)"

                 

                Does this look OK, or do you think there is a better way of doing it? /b[/quote]

                 

                [size="1"][ June 08, 2004, 11:18 AM: Message edited by: Grant Perkins ][/size]

                • Export everything but last row...?
                  doublef _

                  Originally posted by Grant Perkins:

                  The filter looks ok though nulls can be 'interesting' filters sometimes.

                   

                  You could also consider filtering for the name "Totals".

                   

                  Or your trap might be a way to approach this ifyou specify the the detail line must have some numeric characters at the begining where the ID# is placed.[/b][/quote]Nice, I will give that a try as well.  I really appreciate all the help!   [img]smile.gif[/img]