3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:55 AM by Hello Kitty RSS

Date Format

Hello Kitty

Does anyone know how to change the format of a report so that it is consistent with the expressiosn in the filter?  My report by default is reading the date as dd/mm/yyyy.  Please let me know.  Thanks.  _

• Date Format
          Grant Perkins

Try from the MENU

Option>Input>Date format

and see if that helps.

You should be able to choose one that matches your report (I hope).

Dates can be interesting. Check the help files for more interesting info. Also maybe the entry for SPECIFICATIONS depending on which version of Monarch you have.

Grant

(Working in a hurry from memory)

Originally posted by Hello Kitty:

Does anyone know how to change the format of a report so that it is consistent with the expressiosn in the filter?  My report by default is reading the date as dd/mm/yyyy.  Please let me know.  Thanks.  _ /b[/quote]

• Date Format
            Steve Caiels

Hi,

We get lots of these questions in Europe!!  As Grant suggests, you MUST make sure the setting in Input->Options matches the same order as your report.  But even then, it may not look the same in your table.  That is controlled by your Windows Regional Settings. 

So if you have a report with European date format, make sure your options are dd/mm/yy.  But you table MAY be showing mm/dd/yy if Windows is set to North American format.  Regardles of the format you see in the table, follow the report format to filter Christmas day (for example) as {25/12/03}

Finally, if you make this change after defining the field, Monarch may have already set the type to Character.  Just double click the filed and set it back to Date Short.

Regards

Steve

• Date Format
              Hello Kitty

Thanks to the both of you.  I will try that when I get a chance to and will let you know the results.  Thanks again for your help  ^_~