2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:55 AM by Chris Wolverson RSS

Report with annoying footer causing problems

Chris Wolverson

I'm having difficulty with a payroll report which has headers and footers on each page, but element details which only show when there is a change.  Any trap I write to pick up the element detail also picks up the time stamp for the report and so uses it in the table.  I can exclude all of the other header and footer details, and can remove the time data from the table using a calculated field, but I can't then get the correct description back in.  If anyone has a solution, I'd be grateful.

Here's an extract of the report. The page breaks are indicated but do not appear in the original report.  The time stamp I want to exclude is 10:46:11 on each page, while still picking up the element names:

001 Basic Pay   (Code: 001)

401 Basic Pay T   (Code: 401)

612 Overtime x 1   (Code: 612)

Employers NI

LG 6% - ER

[font="courier"]Xxxxxx                                                                       Xxx XXX     

Element Differences                                                                               

Payroll:       Division                                                        

This Period:   04-2006/200(28/07/2006)                Element:  All Elements                                                                               

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Element Type:  Payment                                                                               

Element Name                   Payroll Number    Last Period   This Period      Difference                                                                               

001 Basic Pay   (Code: 001)                                                                

Employee Name             1234567                    147.65        147.65         0.00

Employee Name             1234567                  2,622.00      2,622.00         0.00

Employee Name             1234567                  2,333.75      2,333.75         0.00

Totals           41,417.24     41,840.0        422.78                                                                               

401 Basic Pay T   (Code: 401)                                                              

Employee Name             1234567                    584.28        584.28         0.00

Employee Name             1234567                    266.18          0.00       266.18-

____________________________________________________________________________________________

18/07/2006                                                                         Page: 1 

10:46:11                                                                               

Page break (not displayed)----

Page break (not displayed)

Xxxxxx                                                                       Xxx XXX     

Element Differences                                                                               

Element Type:  Payment                                                                               

Element Name                   Payroll Number    Last Period   This Period      Difference                                                                               

Employee Name             1234567                    710.52        657.89        52.63-

Totals            3,141.36      2,699.4        441.95-

612 Overtime x 1   (Code: 612)                                                             

Employee Name             1234567                      6.22          0.00         6.22-

Totals                6.22          0.0          6.22-

18/07/2006                                                                         Page: 2 

Page break (not displayed)----

Page break (not displayed)

Xxxxxx                                                                       Xxx XXX     

Element Differences                                                                               

Element Type:  Benefit                                                                               

Employers NI                                                                               

Employee Name             1234567                    202.83        202.83         0.00

Employee Name             1234567                    176.04        176.04         0.00

Employee Name             1234567                     76.54         76.54         0.00

Totals            3,114.90      3,095.1         19.71-

LG 6% - ER                                                                               

Employee Name             1234567                     19.38-         0.00        19.38

Employee Name             1234567                    146.75        146.75         0.00

18/07/2006                                                                         Page: 3 

/font[/quote]

• Report with annoying footer causing problems
          Grant Perkins

Chris,

I can't get the posted sample to dut and paste cleanly to Notepad or Wordpad in order to play around but from your description I tak eit that the report has no obvious page header but a footer instead.

If you created a dummy page header for page 0 (2 lines) at the top of the report you could then set the page header to be the troublesome lines and 'make them invisible' to the other templates.

Out of interest how are you avoiding picking up the date from the footer?

If all the Element codes are 3 numeric does a 3 numeric trap requirement help you exclude the time (which will only have 2 numeric)?

If you have an original Monarch readable text file of your disguised report which you could email let me know and I will provide my email address and happily play with some ideas for you.

Hope this helps.

Grant

• Report with annoying footer causing problems
            Chris Wolverson

Replaced post - you've solved it.  I've used the report footer as the start of the header and included the header from the next page to form the header. That's removed all the lines I don't want from the detail.  The first page header is now irrelevent as the first detail line picks up the element details from immediately above and ignores the rest.

Many thanks for your help.

Chris

[size="1"][ August 14, 2006, 09:55 AM: Message edited by: Chris Wolverson ][/size]