5 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:55 AM by bubble _ RSS

combine two reports

bubble _

Hi, how do you handle this:

1.  one report has vendor code and transaction amount

2.  second report has vendor code and vendor name.

3.  both reports have a bad format, thus, i used monarch to reformat them individually.

4.  but is there a way to combine the two reports in monarch as well after i have reformatted such that the first column will be the vendor code, second column will be the vendor name and third column will be the transaction amount.

thanks a lot and looking forward to your reply. 

Regards,

Bubble

• combine two reports
          Ron Jones

If the Vendor code is captured the same in both files, you could export one to excel and then use the file to create an external lookup. Thus combining the two files together. I think you can link up to 9 seperate link to one session. Just look it up in the book or help.

Ron Jones

• combine two reports
            bubble _

Hi,  what do you mean by,

you could export one to excel and then use the file to create an external lookup

i.e., how do I create an external lookup?

thanks!!

• combine two reports
              Ron Jones

Go to help and then search  type in  "external lookups". Select External lookup wizard from drop down list.

Again, create a templete for each file and make the vendor code on both a character type. Export one of the resulting files to excel. Then open the other file in Monarch and apply model and go to table window. Select data external lookupsnew-- select local or net work file and browse to find where you put the file exported to excel. Select file and follow menu. You must link two source coloums together ( your vendor code one) then select info from the exported file you need in the current table. Just give it a try.

Ron Jones

• combine two reports
                Grant Perkins

Hi Bubble,

Which version of Monarch do you have and, if V5 or above, is it the Standard or Pro version?

The Pro versions from V5 on have the external lookup/database join feature. If you have an earlier version or the Standard version of 5, 6 or 7 you will need a different approach.

Grant

Originally posted by bubble:

Hi,  what do you mean by,

you could export one to excel and then use the file to create an external lookup

i.e., how do I create an external lookup?

thanks!! [/b][/quote]

[size="1"][ November 22, 2003, 03:05 PM: Message edited by: Grant Perkins ][/size]

• combine two reports
                  bubble _

thanks guys!  i was able to combine the reports now using your suggestions. thanks a lot for the help.