4 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:55 AM by Grant Perkins RSS

Template Problems

Tim Smith

I am new to Monarch. I am trying to create a template. After creating the new template, I found that near the end of the report, the template moved and is not on the correct fields. Then it goes back to where it should. Can anyone help me with this problem?

• Template Problems
          Brad Shipman

It is difficult to say based on that information, but I would guess that your trap may not be ideal.  It sounds like a floating trap actually, but if you are new to Monarch I'm not sure if you'd be using that.  I think the trap would be the first thing to troubleshoot.

• Template Problems
            Grant Perkins

Hi Tim,

I assume this is a sort of vertical shift?

On that basis have a look for a either a record which spans a page break which contains data that confuses your template trap or, more likely I would guess, a genuine record or series of records which are not a match for you template sample. Likely it or they will have fewer lines or some sort of data difference or are being included by you trap when they should not be. Something like that.

It is normally fairly easy to spot the problem records in the table so just go to the report line from the table record and see what you can see.

Working round the problem may require some thought but first you have to identify it.

For future reference, which version of Monarch do you have?

Grant

• Template Problems
              Tim Smith

The Version that I have is 8.01.

Being new to this product, I am unable to explain this in the terms you will understand. I did gat screen shots to e-mail, but this posting will not allow pics. I have created a new template and module and the same thing keeps happening. It does change every once in a while to a different page. I counted the lines from page to page and they have not changed. If there is any way I can send the screen shots, this may help.

• Template Problems
                Grant Perkins

Tim,

Seeing the screen shots may not help to identify what is initiating the problem.

The simplest thing to do in this case seems to be for one (or more) of us out here in forumland to have a look at your report and model in order to diagnose the problem.

Now it may be that this is not possible due to data security, confidentiality or something like that. But if it is possible checking the real thing is often the most effective way forward.

If sending the report/model to a third party is OK I will be happy to have a look and advise. If you can send me a Private Message with your email address and I will will respond with my email so that you can provide a copy of the file and model file. I will check and respond as soon as is practical after receipt.

Is this an option for you?

Grant