2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:55 AM by Data Kruncher RSS

Top Five list

Wendy _

I wonder if there is a way in Monarch that allows me to filter only the top 5 items in a certain column. For example, I have a list of branch office table with past due customer information. I'm only interested in the top five past due customers from each branch office. I am not interested in the summary which give me the total for each branch either.

Please advice.

Thanks,

• Top Five list
          RalphB _

When you go to the table/data/filter selection, on the upper right part of ther screen there is a place for "Selected Rows".  Input the number of rows you want and that will be the number of rows that will display on the tables screen.

Originally posted by Wendy:

I wonder if there is a way in Monarch that allows me to filter only the top 5 items in a certain column. For example, I have a list of branch office table with past due customer information. I'm only interested in the top five past due customers from each branch office. I am not interested in the summary which give me the total for each branch either.

Please advice.

Thanks, /b[/quote]

• Top Five list
            Data Kruncher

Wendy,

I use v5.02. In the table view, I would choose to sort the data by a descending value of say Total Amount Outstanding. Then filter the data to show only the first 5 rows.

Depending on the aging columns in your report, you may want to build a calculated field for Total Over 60 and Total Over 90. This would get you listings for the 5 customers with the highest Over 60 and Over 90 balances, in addition to the highest overall totals. Then either set the sort manually, or create different models based on the sort criteria.

Please let us know how you make out with this, or if you require more detailed instruction.

Best regards,

Sandy