7 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:54 AM by DrsRevenueMan _ RSS

Detail Trap Line before Append LinesI

Jon Rasmussen

Inv Date Inv No  Cust No Cust Name   Inv Total

8/1/01   B3015   52710   ABC Company 15,058.47

B3208   10462   XYZ Company (239.40)

I am using V7.1 and am brand new to the software.  In this example, I want to attach the invoice date to each invoice in the daily batch.  A batch can contain many invoices/credit memos.

My understanding is that the Detail line trap needs to be below an Append line.

• Detail Trap Line before Append LinesI
          Mike Urbonas

Originally posted by Jon Rasmussen:

[font="courier"]Inv Date Inv No  Cust No Cust Name   Inv Total

8/1/01   B3015   52710   ABC Company 15,058.47

B3208   10462   XYZ Company   (239.40)[/font][/quote]I am using V7.1 and am brand new to the software.  In this example, I want to attach the invoice date to each invoice in the daily batch.  A batch can contain many invoices/credit memos.

My understanding is that the Detail line trap needs to be below an Append line. /b[/quote]No problem.  This is not a problem of detail or append level trapping.  Just do one Detail trap, capturing all invoice and credit memo records, perhaps using the presence of the decimal point, for example, as your "trap."

Then, in the Table View, double click on the Invoice Date column, and check off the "Fill empty cells with value of previous record."  Voila, the Invoice Date value appears in every record, not just where the date physically appears on your original report.

Mike

Jon Rasmussen

Thank you.  I need some more help.  I tried this solution but it did not work 100%.  The batch has 10 invoice records.  The date from the 1st invoice record was added to the 2nd through 9th invoice records.  The date was not added to the 10th invoice record.  The row below the 10th invoice record is blank.  Is this the reason the date is not added to the 10th record?  I can sort the file add eliminate all blank rows.

Jon Rasmussen

I should have added that the 11th row is the 8/1/01 batch totals, the 12th row is blank and the 13th row starts the 8/2/01 dated invoice records.

I tried the trap again after deleting the 2 blank rows and the 8/01/01 batch total row and it worked.

It appears that for this to work, there can be no blank rows separating records.  Is my conclusion correct?

Thanks.

Jon Rasmussen

Boy am I goofing up - the above post should be changed: 11th row s/b 12th, 12th row should be 13th and 13th row should be 14th.

10 rows and have invoice records, the next row, 11th, is blank, the next row, 12th, contains the 8/1 totals, the next row, 13th, is blank, and the next row, 14th, begins the 8/2 invoice listing.

Thanks for your patience.

Mike Urbonas

Originally posted by Jon Rasmussen:

Thank you.  I need some more help.  I tried this solution but it did not work 100%.  The batch has 10 invoice records.  The date from the 1st invoice record was added to the 2nd through 9th invoice records.  The date was not added to the 10th invoice record.  The row below the 10th invoice record is blank.  Is this the reason the date is not added to the 10th record?  I can sort the file add eliminate all blank rows. /b[/quote]I suggest you revise your model trap, such that your Table view does not include any blank rows.  If you define your trap properly, it should ignore blank rows from your report.

Mike

DrsRevenueMan _

Yeah revise the model to look at just ONE ROW.

Model with the decimal trap on only ONE ROW highlighted in Detail Template.

Like Mike said use the Table View, double click on the Invoice Date column, and check off the "Fill empty cells with value of previous record." this will put the invoice date on every line of detail in your table view.

Main point is your template only needs to highlight one row of detail line (Invoice or Claim)

If they are not similar create two models,

one for Invoice lines the other for Claim lines.

then create a third model that combines the two?

Try that. It's kind of hard to explain without seeing an example of the report.

If you would like me to take a look at it, send me a private message and a sample of the report.

I will try to write a model for you, if it's not too (confidential) etc.

Good Luck.