2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:54 AM by Reinhard _ RSS

Template error - page break ?

Reinhard _

Hello,

I'm using V4.02 and have a very big report file (80 MB) to analyze. I've created a header template which works correct, but the 2-line detail template brings up some unexplainable errors. Sometimes Monarch brings up an extra line which is not in my file when I open it with the txt-Editor. This extra line contains many "-" and interrupts the selection of details and so for the next 2 lines the header template is used which doesn't match to my selection options.

So a great number of datasets are generated wrongly. I've tried every data entry option available but the error is still there.

Can anyone help ?

• Template error - page break ?
          Grant Perkins

Reinhard,

Monarch will enforce a page break every 256 lines if no page break is defined for less than 256 lines. Have a look at the OPTIONS for INPUT.

If you can define a page break that will work but has less the 256 lines you might be OK.

However if you have only a REPORT header section and no repeating PAGE header I think you should define your Report Header template as an APPEND template but NOT a Page Header Template.

Unfortunately I do not have Version 4 installation available to check it.

If you set up a Page Header template the system will expect to apply that template every time a page changes accoring to the template definition, a new page identifier or the 256 line limit being reached. From your description I think that is what may be happening with your report.

If that does not help let us know what problems it leaves for you and we can think again.

Grant

• Template error - page break ?
            Reinhard _

Hello Grant,

many thanks. I've read several postings about the page break problem but your idea making an APPEND was the solution.

Many thanks.